04 November 2012

Thankful November 4

My Grandpa Gill is one of my favourite people on earth, and today I have reason to be very thankful for him.  I love him and will always be grateful for the example he has been in my life.  When I was little he would hold me across his leg and bounce me to the nursery rhyme, "This is the way the ladies ride."  I was always fascinated by his mustache and loved to watch him trim it.  I admired him as a kid because he was the mayor of Raymond, forever, and anyone who was a mayor must be pretty important.  As an adult I have learned that he was important not because he was the mayor, but because of the kind of man he was who would serve his church and his community with honor and commitment, and because he served his family with the same valour.  I love my grandpa so much and will always be thankful for having him in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails