30 November 2012

Thankful November 30

And, after a month (and then some) of "Thankfuls," today I can't help but be thankful for the opportunity to be grateful.  If I could find the time, it would be easy to come up with something I'm thankful for each and every day of my life.  The list would go on and on and on.  I remember once in a freshman religion class at  BYU my professor challenged us to ONLY give thanks in our prayers for an entire week. While humbly asking for blessings from God is certainly not a bad thing, for one week we were to only look for the things which we were thankful for.  I still remember, after a few days of struggling to give meaningful prayers full of thanks, walking to school and seeing a tiny pink bud peaking out of an otherwise brown bush; the beauty of it did not escape me, and I thought, "Wow, what a blessing Heavenly Father has given me in that little bud." And, as I continued on the blessings around me just flooded to my mind: the cheerful chirping of the birds, the friendly smiles from unknown students, the young men who held doors open for me...  That night I had no trouble filling my prayer with gratitude. And, after a month of thinking of things I am grateful for, I feel the same way, like I could go on forever about all the things I have been blessed with.  As I am so close to Christmas, I hope I can carry those feelings of gratitude into the season and share my blessings with others.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails