05 May 2011

The Trip Across the Ocean

Alright, I'll admit it, I don't actually know what we travelled across, but the sea was salty, there were islands everywhere, and we traveled, so I will call it the ocean. It was probably a strait or something...

Anyway, after our night in Abbotsford, we reloaded the car (not an easy feat) and carried onto our destination.  We did take a minute to stop and see the LDS Temple in Vancouver.  We enjoyed the good weather, the beautiful flowers and sang I Love to See the Temple several times.  I have always loved visiting temples, but I love it even more now that I can bring my children there and know that I will be with them forever!








Then we carried on down the Trans Canada until we reached the sea and could drive no longer.  Eli thought it was pretty cool that we would be able to drive our car onto a boat, but that's the way to get across an ocean!  We got to the ferry just as one was leaving, so we had to wait for 2 hours before ours would leave. It was cold, right there on the ocean, and the boys coats were packed, so we wrapped them up in our own and explored the very commercialized shore.




Don't tell, but we even had a little gelato while we waited.

Nothing like running on the road. Chicken, anyone?



Eli was in love with all the ships.





On the ferry we stopped for buffet lunch (kids eat free!!!) and went to the highest deck to see the ocean.  Honestly, it was amazing to sail (there were no sails, but I'll call it sailing anyway) right past all the little islands, and see the snow capped mountains in the distance.  We kept our eyes peeled for whales, but all we saw were a few sea stars stuck to the wharf.  Nevertheless, it was amazing.






And thus we made it to our new home, Victoria, British Columbia.  The adventure continues, and we are so excited!

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous - I love the ferry trips! I can't wait to take Bryn on one.

    And yes, it's a straight (the Straight of Georgia), and yes, it's appropriate to call it sailing, even though there are no sails. And yes, I'm a know-it-all today. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the look on Eli's face in the one of you guys by the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures. I wish I was there! (a warning...I love Victoria...but the winters are horrible...dreary, drizzly, damp and sunless...you are there for the very best time of the whole year!!!) I have been to I think everywhere you are photographing! Thanks for the memory trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli's hair is so long! I can't wait to hear about more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. Thanks for sharing the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails