24 May 2011

Dreams

The other night, just a few minutes after Eli fell asleep he woke up and said, "Mom, I'm having a good dream. It's about a tower of cups, but the cups are actually elephant noses. And it's an octopus made out of cups and a Santa Clause hat. And it's a Santa Octopus. And it's a person's project. Isn't that cool?"

Then his head hit the pillow and he was asleep again.

But, perhaps he wasn't quite asleep, but only in that between awake and asleep place where you can kind of control what you're dreaming, but it's still just as fantastical, because a few minutes later he sat up again and said, "Mom, what are bumblebee's stingers made out of?" I told him I didn't know, but if he wanted we could look it up the next day.  He said, "Well mom, since you are on your computer, why don't you look it up and tell me when I wake up."

And again, a few minutes later, "Mom, that would be great if we had clocks on our shoes."

Um, I pretty much LOVE what my three year old comes up with.  And, I love Santa Clause Octopi.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! 3 year old say the funniest things, especially half asleep. Good idea to write it down somewhere so he can laugh at it when he's older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Hahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails