Many blogs I read randomly do lists of 'ten things...' I like the idea, so here's my first list. I'll keep it simple:
Ten things you may not know about me:
1. One of my biggest insecurities is my name. Jenny is the 6th most common name in America. Ever! I have this great fear that people will meet me, but because my name is Jenny, they will promptly forget me. I hate calling people that don't know me well, or don't know my last name, because I always feel I have to explain exactly which 'Jenny' I am. It's awkward, trust me.
2. I love to write and edit essays. Yup, boring old school papers. I will jump at the chance to proofread any college student's work. Sometimes I write essays on topics I'm researching just for my own personal pleasure. Need an essay on my thoughts on birth? I've got one. How about one on First Nations literature? Got one of those too. I LOVE essays.
3. I've made my own saddle. It's true, a real, full blown, western, horseback riding saddle. It's one of my greatest accomplishments. (Adrienne will laugh, because the reason you may not know this is because I have never ridden in the saddle that I made. I've already got two other saddles, and only one horse I ride, so I don't want to make the one I made dirty for no reason at all!)
4. We use family cloth.
5. I dream of one day living on a sustainable farm. I want a big ol' garden in the summer, and greenhouses in the winter. I want dairy goats for milk, and cows and chickens for meat and eggs. I want to learn how to spin so I can have sheep and make sweaters from their wool. I can't wait!
6. I LOVE rollercosters.
7. My dream vehicle is a truck. A big truck. One that can haul horses all over the country side.
8. If I could change anything about my body, it would probably be my toes. If you know my toes, you know what I'm talking about.
9. I tandem nurse my boys.
10. The first night I was reacquainted with Jared after I got home from college and he was back from his mission I wrote in my journal, "Tonight I hung out with Dave Lancaster. He is roommates with Jared Wiebe, who I knew from the youth dances. Jared wants to be a lawyer. I think I will marry him."