02 November 2010

Crunch Month

With the Halloween hangover now over, let's talk about what's coming: CHRISTMAS!!! 

I love Christmas.  I love everything about it. 

I especially love that this is the first year that we are going to be around for EVERYTHING!  For the past three Christmases we have missed so much, because we have just been in Calgary for a few weeks. But, this year, we are going to make the most of it and do it all!  I can't wait.

I sure am going to miss my family back in Michigan though, and all the traditions we started while we were there.

As it is November now, I actually have to start thinking about the gifts I will give for Christmas.  Every few years we purposefully declare Christmas "homemade."  Last year was one such year, and so all the gifts we gave were handmade.  It is always so much fun.  I generally like to stick to that principle other years as well - although this year we are going for "homemade or secondhand" as our finances are a little limited, to say the least.  So, if you're on my list, don't set your expectations too high...

In an attempt to make sure I get all my crafting done before Christmas, I am making a resolution.  I am going to do a present a week until Christmas. I think that will just about cover everyone I have to give to, and it will keep me focused and on track. I've made a spread sheet, figured out the supplies I need and am ready to go.  Sadly, because of the nature of blogging for all to see, I can't be posting any of the projects. Well, maybe just sneak peaks... we'll see. In any case, I'm excited to get started. The Christmas carols have been made into a playlist on my I-Tunes and I am ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE homemade Christmas! I've got a great homemade idea for our cousin exchange. (If you need an idea, Rhiannon would love a cute crochet/knit hat.) You are always welcome to raid my supplies for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am jealous. however, i hope you are only expecting something spectacular from us! (even if it is homemade/secondhand...?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spreadsheet? Nerd alert! :) Just kidding, so something I would do! Good luck, can't wait to see at least some sneak peeks of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling the push too... We are also trying to make our gifts and we have alot to make- so it looks like I need to get organized like you...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails