23 November 2010

Can You Tell How Cold We Are?

Well, as promised, here are the Wiebe family photos.  Not all of them, because I have to send out Christmas cards with THE pick, but here is a glimpse for those of you sitting on the edge of your seats.

What does a Wiebe family photo shoot look like? Ridiculously, incredible, amazingly COLD! It was -18 degrees Celsius out (which is 0 degrees Fahrenheit, for all you 'mericans out there.) Perhaps if I had been willing to wait a little, I might have had happier kids, but I'm not that patient, and the cold doesn't bother me that much (I forgot to ask the rest of the family how they felt about it.) Besides, I wanted the snow to be pretty and not run over and dirty. So, into the cold we went, and pictures we did take! The amazing Scott Hutchinson did such a great job! Please notice how over joyed the boys are to be out without hats on.  Please don't notice how I am wearing a hat. I'm the best mom, I know!




See, it wasn't completely miserable. There's a smile.


This is the money shot, the "I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas" shot.
Until his ears started aching, Eli was having a blast on his new sled.

Um, Winston here is actually trying to run on only his front two paws because he was so cold. Poor mutt.

Silas was done with the sled, so a running I did go.

Eli favourite lullaby right now: Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer.  Here he is, with a red nose (well, face, really) pulling the sleigh. He was thrilled.

This is the first time we have ever had a photographer take pictures of us, and I was really glad we did.  The old tripod has done us well in the past, but I can't deny that these pictures are about a million times better than we could have done on our own. And I have to admit, I did feel just a little bit glamorous walking through the park, in the snow, with a photographer following us around. Everyone needs a little glamor in their lives, don't they?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are darling!! You look beautiful Jenny! I love your hat! The boys look adorable! :) Isn't it nice having a photographer take the pictures? I felt like it let me focus on the baby and having fun than trying to adjust a camera. Love these Jenny! What a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so great! Can't wait to see the REAL picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boots! And I love these photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the fresh snow, I bet you're glad you went out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!! It looks like a magazine shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you all look great, although I am biased. I had to repost it on my site, I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice. now that you've had a photographer, maybe you can convince everyone else how fun they are and i don't have to beg our family to take photos together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your just teasing us! i want to see the real family pic! send those cards out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps. you look like a hot mama out there. no kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great family pictures Jenny!! You seriously look SO good (just need a few more face shots in this collection).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails