09 April 2010

I wish I was a Witch!

So, maybe you don't look at knit wear when watching your favourite movies, but I do.  Recently we watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for the first time, and this hat called to me:
 First of all, did you notice that there are no lenses in Harry's glasses?  That made me laugh.  Secondly, check out Hermione's hat. Beautiful, eh?

So, I just had to make it.  I'm certainly not talented enough to make it sans pattern, so after a pretty easy search I found this pattern, and voila!
This one actually was just a sample, made out of yarn from my stash.  I have some other yarn I am going to make another from, now that I've figured out sizing.  This one (and the other one I made) will be added to the giveaway pile!

Now I just have to find a pattern for Hermione's scarf!

3 comments:

  1. I wish you were a witch too.... and I love the hat!!! I hope I win... I need a good touque for those non-showering days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was Jenny! "So I was just watching Harry Potter and I decided I loved Hermione's hat, so I made one!" The hat is gorgeous and you are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were a witch as well. And that it ran in the family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails