12 March 2012

Faith from Afar

If you've read any of my posts about my past births, you will know that I have a few regrets.  For both Eli and Silas's births I planned home births (or a hotel birth, in Silas's case, if you are being specific).  In both cases I ended up in the hospital, drugged, assisted and disappointed. 

Well, I am doing a few things different this time (not traveling across an international border while in labour, for one...) I am going again for a homebirth, and can't wait to experience birth the way my body was meant to do it.

Last week I received a gift in the mail.  It was a gift from someone I don't even know, in real life anyway.  I am part of a Due Date Club on Mothering.com.  Several of the women who frequent the board got together to do a gift exchange.  The momma who sent me a gift is from Brooklyn.  She was so thoughtful and her gift so powerful.  This is what she sent:

Would it be admitting too much if I said I cried?  I did.  Just a little.  She wrote the nicest note, saying that she just knew I would get my homebirth this time, and that my baby would be able to proudly wear this sweet little onesie.  And the crochet cowboy boots???  Well, need I even say anything about those.  You all know I LOVE them!  I don't know why, but her sending me her faith all the way from Brooklyn just means so much.  It's not just me that thinks I can do this: my online friend from Brooklyn believes in me too.  This little onesie is staying out until my baby is here as a reminder of the faith in me all around.  And I can't wait to send her a picture of my baby wearing it!!!

And, for my giftee, Laura in Toronto, I knit her this little sweater and hat:
The sweater is Mossy.  I knit it on a tighter gauge so that it would fit a brand new newborn, and wouldn't have to be grown into.  The hat is a favourite pattern of mine: Aviatrix.

3 comments:

  1. I love you! I love your gift! You don't need to apologise for crying! (YOU'RE PREGNANT, and aside from that, it is a very touching gift)! I can't wait to meet baby Wiebe after your incredible home birth. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in you too! All the way from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know you have faith being sent from WA too! I can't wait to hear all about your amazing homebirth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails