28 August 2014

Smocked - A Knitting Pattern

I have always loved little smocked dresses: you know, the kinds I wore in the early 80s as a baby.  It wasn't until recently that I realized I could combine my love for the height of 80s baby fashion with knitting.  Thus was born, Smocked.

First off, let's all pretend we don't recognize that sweet baby wearing that beautiful dress. I've only got one baby, after all!

The pattern is written so that you can make it either a dress or a shirt, with simple, perfect smocking across the front, dainty puffed sleeves, yet simple raglan, seamless construction.




Oh, and the button band on the back is off centre, which for some reason I think is oh. so. cute!




Of course I think you all should knit this immediately, but don't take my word for it. Check out the other knitters on Ravelry who have knit it up: 

So, buy it. Buy it now.  Just click on this little button right here to do so >>>>>>>>>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails