01 October 2013

Walton Pullover - A Knitting Pattern

Last year I knit my dear friend, Adrienne, a monster sweater. I only say monster, because before that sweater I had only ever knit children's items - so anything in adult sizing, naturally, felt monstrous. With the remnants of yarn from that sweater I decided I needed a fun, easy project, and so came my Walton Pullover.



It's a super simple raglan pullover, sized for children from 6 months to 8 years old.  While my striping pattern is all laid out in the pattern, you can always get creative and come up with your own: its a great stash buster, or the perfect pattern to use up those yarn ends.

This one was knit in Malabrigo Merino Worsted, the most wonderful, soft, beautiful yarn.  But, any worsted weight yarn will do.

As always, I had a handful on knitters test knit my pattern.  I honestly couldn't live without test knitters! You can check out their projects and any others here:      They did such a great job of their sweaters.

This would be a perfect, easy, first project for a novice knitter, but an excellent template for a more adventurous knitter wanting to experiment with different colorwork designs.

The pattern can be purchased for only $4 on Ravelry, or you can buy it right now by clicking here: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails