Eli loves mayonnaise. Seriously, he does. I can get him to eat almost anything on a sandwich, as long as it has mayonnaise on it too. He get's it from me.
Eating raw there are some great dressings, but I sometimes long to douse my salad in ranch dressing. One of my favourite salads is a broccoli salad my mom makes, but the main ingredient of the dressing is mayonnaise. Honestly, this raw version is just as good, and a whole lot healthier.
3 stalks of Broccoli
1/2 a medium onion chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup sprouted and dehydrated sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sprouted and dehydrated pumpkin seeds
1 cup currents (or raisins/grapes/dried cranberries, etc.)
1 cup soaked cashews
1/4 cup agave
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
water to consistency
1. Chop broccoli, stalks and all, into small pieces. This can be done in your handy food processor, if you are lazy like me.
2. Chop onions and red pepper and add to broccoli.
3. Mix all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender.
4. Pour dressing over salad.
5. Mix in sunflower and pumpkin seeds and berries.